Friday, August 3, 2012

Chapter 2: Me Rambling About Time


           Although I found this chapter confusing, I most definitely enjoyed it immensely. From a young age I have always had a theory in a way of time. This book in a way captures my idea of time. As Billy Pilgrim travels forwards and backwards through his life, he develops a strange perception of time and he does not believe that death is the termination of life, instead he believes that every event in the past is as vivid and lifelike as the present and the future. I have always believed that everyone one of us is living in a different time frame. For instance, I may be born but in my parents’ lives they may be teenagers just like I am right now. I have always thought a lot about the saying, “Time flies when you are having fun.” I believe that is true, so then I think of it as saying that if someone is in a state of boredom and time feels like it is at a standstill, well then imagine that a person standing next to him is having the time of their life and time is just flying by. I feel as if the person in the state of boredom is still in that moment for quite a long time compared to the person who is having the time of his life and wish it would never end.

            Also, I think about the fact that in the future there is an older me and I’m out of college and know what I want to do with my life. If I were to have a family, my children are already born somewhere and have started their life’s and maybe somewhere they are writing or whatever they will use to communicate with in the future about the same thing I am speaking about right now.
Everything is happening at the same time…   

No comments:

Post a Comment